1. When did you first start playing?
2. Which was your first ever big tournament?
Probably a "regionals" - I think I once got to a final there, but only the winner qualified for the Nationals
3. Which is the best tournament you have ever attended?
Yorkshire Open at Huddersfield Town 1995 (a very biased opinion) A lot of good "Opens" in the late 1980s and early 1990s
4. What was the best goal you have ever scored?
A few good shots "on the run", but probably in fairly "minor" matches - I don't tend to get far enough to remember a great tournament-winning goal!
5. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in England?
Justin Finch (once) Bill Glover (a few times) Michael Wadsworth (lots, with very few wins!)
6. Who would you describe as being the toughest player you have faced in the World?
Joe Bonfante on his UK tour (0-5). While in Paris for the 1984 Euros (in a very minor officiating role) I played a friendly against the junior champion from Northern Ireland and only lost 1-0 - he went on to get to the semi finals the next day.
7. What has been the best match you have ever played in?
I once narrowly beat Mike Parnaby in a cup game at our club in the 90s, which was a rare event and one to be celebrated.
8. What has been your best moment or achievement in the game?
Any one where I have organised something that has promoted player participation. The ISSL fixture list every 6 months is also a thing of wonder, unparalleled in the game...
9. What has been the funniest moment you have seen on a trip away to a tournament?
Tough to say, but probably some sort of transport disaster
10. Which football team do you support?
11. What is your favourite food?
12. Do you have any other hobbies?
Music - I am a fairly serious orchestral trumpet player
13. What is your favourite holiday destination?
14. What is the best movie you have ever seen?
Too many to choose from - probably The Empire Strikes Back as a kid. Now I do like a good wartime propaganda movie!
15. What is your favourite TV series?
16. What is your favourite music?
17. Which person do you have most respect for in life?